Slim Devices' TransporterTM was designed to appeal to the most discerning audiophiles and music lovers. It streams digital music with sound quality that surpasses even the most exotic compact disc players. At the heart of Transporter is a "no compromise" attitude to component selection and electronic design.
Feel Your Music - The TransNavTM controller uses dynamic tactile feedback to provide fast access to any recording even in the largest music collection. The sleek, backlit, infrared remote and dual fluorescent displays make it easy to use from anywhere in the room.
Quality Connectors - Transporter's back panel features a complete set of professional-grade connectors, including both balanced and unbalanced signals for its analog and digital interfaces.
Astounding Analogue - The AK4396 "Miracle DAC" was chosen for its high dynamic range and low distortion. Its low out-of-band noise allows for the use of low-order output filters with higher cutoffs, resulting in preservation of phase and reduced distortion in the audible band. This extraordinary accuracy at higher frequencies allows Transporter to resolve the exact staging of instruments and the finest details of any recording. In addition, Transporter's digital inputs allow its built-in DAC to be used with other sources.
Accurate Digital - Transporter's digital path is not only "bit perfect", but also extremely accurate in timing precision. Clock signals in Transporter are handled not as ones and zeroes, but as precision analog signals. Specialized crystal oscillators, careful clock management, and linear-regulated logic supplies ensure the lowest possible jitter throughout the system.
Clean Power - Transporter's DAC and output amplifiers are powered by Super Regulators, based on the legendary design by Walt Jung. These regulators offer lower output impedance, faster response, and better noise rejection than standard three-terminal regulators. The result is an incredibly natural sound, with a pitch-black background and a shocking level of detail.
Transporter is the network music player audiophiles have been waiting for.
Audio Outputs and Inputs, Audio Formats, Architecture, Network, Power, Basics, Physical, Legal
Audio Outputs and Inputs
Audio Outputs (general)
- Digital and analog outputs
- Gold-plated RCA, XLR, and BNC connectors
- Volume control is provided for all outputs
- Multiple outputs may be used at the same time
- AKM AK4396 Multi-bit delta-sigma digital to analog converter
- Signal-to-noise, Dynamic Range: 120dB
- THD+Noise: -106dB (0.00005%)
- Linear Super-Regulated supplies for DAC and line-out stages
Balanced Analog Outputs
- Connectors: XLR gold-plated
- Level: 3Vrms (8.5Vpp)
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Attenuation: Fixed -0dB
Unbalanced Analog Outputs
- Connectors: RCA gold-plated
- Level: 2Vrms (5.7Vpp)
- Impedance 100 Ohm (at -0dB)
- Attenuation: Selectable -0, -10, -20, -30dB
Digital Outputs and Inputs
- Optical, coax, BNC, and XLR digital connectors
- Word clock input for synchronization with an external clock
- Linear-regulated power for all clock paths
- Dedicated high-precision crystal oscillators (no PLL, no resampling)
- Standard IEC-958 (S/PDIF) or AES/EBU encoding
- Optical connector: TOSLINK 660nm
- RCA connector: capacitor-coupled 500mVpp into 75 ohms
- BNC connector: transformer-coupled, 500mVpp into 75 ohms
- XLR connector: 4.7Vpp into 110 ohms
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz
- Audio format: linear PCM, 16 or 24 bits per sample
- Jitter (standard deviation):
- 11ps at oscillator (intrinsic jitter)
- 17ps at DAC
- 35ps at S/PDIF receiver
- Lossless Formats (Apple Lossless, FLAC, WMA Lossless)
- "Bit-perfect" CD audio streaming, with reduced storage and bandwidth usage.
- Approximately 2:1 compression ratio
- Uncompressed formats (AIFF, WAV, PCM)
- Supports raw pass-through of uncompressed PCM audio formats
- Digital passthrough to S/PDIF for DTS
- Compressed formats (MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP2, MusePack, WMA)
- MPEG decoding uses MAD software, widely regarded as the most accurate, most compatible MP3 decoder.
- High accuracy 24-bit synthesis
- Supports all MP3 data rates and sample rates, including VBR
- May be streamed in PCM (raw), MP3 (transcoded), or FLAC (transcoded) formats
- Sound Check and Replay Gain support for automatic volume control.
- Some formats may require additional software installation (e.g. Quicktime), depending on platform.
- "Always-on" Internet Radio, powered by SqueezeNetwork, lets you tune in to Internet Radio streams even when the home PC is switched off.
- Quick selection from hundreds of Internet Radio streams offered by Slim Devices' partners.
- Internet Radio favorites can be saved in a playlist for easy access.
- Displays track title information during playback.
- Support for MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA formatted Internet Radio streams.
- Access the Pandora personalized music service via Squeezenetwork (requires a subscription that is presently only said to be available to residents of the US).
- Flash upgradeable firmware
- Network settings are stored in non-volatile memory
- Auto-configuration for most networks
- Easy setup for wireless networks
- 325 MHz 8-way multithreaded RISC processor
- "Pure software" SlimDSPTM architecture
- Field-upgradeable Xilinx CPLD
- 64Mb high-speed RAM
- 16Mb program flash
- Low-power, fanless design
- True 802.11g wireless networking (can be disabled)
- Bridging capability allows Ethernet devices to connect to the network through the wireless interface
- Throughput up to 54Mbps, high speed PCI interface to radio module
- Dual external antennas for improved range and throughput
- Supports all 802.11b and 802.11g access points
- Automatically detects available wireless networks for quick setup
- Supports both WPA Personal, WPA2-AES and 64/128-bit WEP encryption
- True 100Mbps throughput
- Shielded CAT5 RJ-45 connector
- Connects to any 100Mbps or 10Mbps network
- Auto-detects full duplex and half duplex modes
- Automatic receive polarity correction
- Maximum cable length: 100 meters (328 feet)
Home Automation Interface
- RS-232 connector for serial integration with Crestron and other home automation systems
- 100-240v, 50-60Hz AC
- Internal Fuse: 500mA
- Standard IEC power connector
- Included IEC power cable specific to shipping destination
- Separate linear supplies for Analog, DAC, and clocks
- Auto-ranging, relay-controlled AC input
- Three Super Regulators for analog stages (+15, -15, +5)
- High-efficiency, low noise SMPS for CPU, Display
- Continuous AC voltage monitoring
- Automatic over-voltage protection
- Low-power "deep sleep" mode
- Transporter Network Music Player
- AC Power cable (appropriate plug by region)
- User's manual
- SlimServer software (requires download)
- Backlit 31-key infrared remote, with 2 AA batteries
- All systems: 256MB RAM, ethernet or wireless network, and 20MB hard disk space
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.3 or later
- Windows: 733Mhz Pentium running Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Linux/BSD/Solaris/Other: Perl 5.8.3 or later
- Dimensions (with feet): 17.0"W x 3.03"H x 12.25"D (433mm x 77mm x 311mm)
- Dimensions (without feet): 17.0"W x 2.8"H x 12.25"D (433mm x 70mm x 311mm)
- Case: Aircraft grade aluminum available with black or clear anodized finishes
- Two large, high-resolution vacuum fluorescent displays
- 640x32 grayscale pixels, combined display
- Beautiful high-speed, full-screen visualizers
- Bitmapped graphics, multiple fonts, animation, and images
- Brightness control
- Standard 38Khz IR
- Hand-held remote, 32 backlit buttons
- Durable black finish
- Includes "SmartScroll" algorithms to quickly access favorite recordings within large lists
- Custom codes do not conflict with other devices
- Data format fully compatible with most programmable and universal remotes (Harmony)
- Templates available for Pronto and other remotes
- Supports discrete on/off and other "shortcut" codes
- Three years parts and labour
- CE Class B
- FCC Class B
- Canada ICES-0003 Class B